Thrive Pharmacy’s Statement and Response to COVID-19
Dear Valued Partners, Patients, and Community Members,
Thrive Pharmacy is extremely committed to our implementation of enhanced protocols to ensure patient and employee health during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our response plan enacts an overabundance of caution both in our operations and in our interactions with our partners and patients. Below you will find a high-level overview of our response plan.
For more information in regards to health concerns and COVID-19, click here.
- Thrive Pharmacy has implemented employee health monitoring. Employees exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 are prevented from coming to work. Additionally, employees are being tested via temporal thermometer temperature reads daily, prior to access of Pharmacy operations.
- Thrive Pharmacy has enacted increased decontamination and sanitation protocols for all employees, workspaces, and products.
- Thrive Pharmacy is limiting access to visitors and has suspended all external meetings and travel.
Advance Medication and Supply Requests
- Thrive Pharmacy has been advised by its primary wholesaler and group purchasing organization that strict, and historically based, purchasing thresholds are being adhered to for medication and supply purchases. These restrictions have been enacted to prevent drug supply chain shortages due to pharmacies over-ordering with the intent to stockpile.
- Thrive Pharmacy has been advised that there are no anticipated supply chain issues at this time and that by following the limitations enacted by drug wholesalers, pharmacies will continue to be able to provide patients’ medications on time and on schedule.
- Due to these industry restrictions, Thrive Pharmacy is unable to accommodate requests for advanced medication supply requests.
- Thrive Pharmacy fully expects employees and drivers to continue to have the ability to travel due to their role as critical healthcare workers. Authorization letters have been provided to all drivers and Thrive Pharmacy employees granting them access to travel.
- Thrive Pharmacy has enhanced sanitation protocols followed by our drivers from their initial pickup at the pharmacy and throughout the delivery route.
- While on-site, drivers will perform hand sanitation and device sanitation prior to and directly following, every delivery. Drivers will also wear gloves and will only ever perform a delivery outside of a home. Thrive Pharmacy has eliminated signature capture upon delivery. Additionally, paper packing slips will not be signed and will not be collected by courier drivers.
- Thrive Pharmacy has stopped accepting non-pharmacy-approved returns to protect drivers and our employees and to ensure that we can control the integrity of what we receive into our pharmacy location.
Returns for Destruction
- In order to support the enhanced sanitation protocols for Thrive Pharmacy operations, we will be unable to
accept any medication returns for destruction. Please follow FDA guidelines for appropriate medication
destruction and contact Thrive Pharmacy if you would like to learn more about the Rx Destroyer product we supply.
- Only pharmacy-authorized return requests and containers will be permitted for return to Thrive Pharmacy.